Although it was two weeks since the last class session, I didn’t have much time to allocate on this assignment because of the Thanksgiving holidays. So I went with the first idea that I had which was to morph text.
I was feeling the holiday blues since I wasn’t able to make it home to California and since I have moved to New York City a few months ago I have had a lot of ups and downs. And since they are two opposite words I thought it could be interesting to have them morph into one another.
Challenges that I faced was that since they were of different lengths I had to resolve adding and removing points. To solve it I made 4 paths. Two were the control paths which did not change while the other two push and popped commands as needed.
Secondly, and one that is not fully resolved, I wanted to animate the morph. However, fonts are so precise their locations defined to the nanopixel (I think). Whatever the case is, I was moving each coordinate position 0.1 positions for each loop if the position was > || < the corresponding command. This animated at a good speed, but it very imprecise. This resulted in some lines not displaying correctly (or not at all), but I compromised with this because using a more accurate increment made it unbearably slow to morph. I guess I could look at better strategies to approach this problem. I also wanted to make it infinitely animate back and forth, but I didn’t get to it either. Next time.
code here: github